Friday, October 24, 2014

Time Flys!!!

Time just seems to fly by...it has been months since my last post.
I have searched and searched for the photo of the end result of my sad butterfly pitcher...I will take another.  It is still a sad pitcher...and you will see why when I post the photo (another day).

In the meantime I have had some fun successes and I am getting ready for the Holiday Pottery Sale that happens every year the day after Thanksgiving...yes...it is the dreaded BLACK FRIDAY and the next day also.  I am so happy to spend those two days at my table showing off the fun things that I get to make and share.

For those of you who are local to the Salt Lake City area, the sale is at SugarHouse Park...just follow the signs.  It is indoors so no need to fret about the weather.

Here are some pics of a few of my treasures...

I do enjoy making closed forms and then opening them up to become treasure boxes.


 I love to carve into the clay and then decide what glaze will make it all look lovely.  Sometimes subtle is so nice.

 Leaves are a passion.  I always do a few when I find a leaf that inspires me...this one is a sunflower leaf.  The glaze turned out to be surprisingly delightful to me.  These make nice spoon rests.  What better leaf for a kitchen than a sunflower?

I have begun making tumblers.  Not EVERYone likes mugs.       They are so friendly.  The Japanese used to say, "If it is too hot to hold in your hand then it is too hot to drtink."  I agree.  Hot cocoa in this tumbler will stay warm for a while and taste so delicious.

  But there are still those who love mugs.  I love using porcelain slip to decorate the nearly black "dark brown" stoneware, then glaze it with a thin coat of Semi-Gloss White glaze.  It makes the porcelain stand out (when it cooperates *^^*) and the dark clay still looks warm.

Thanks so much for dropping by.
Feel free to leave a comment.
Until next time...
Here's to Growing and Glowing!!!
Onward and Upward!!
                                                                                                                                         Tari

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read about how you feel about my posts. All I ask is that you please be kind and use clean language. I will do the same :) Thanks.