Sunday, July 13, 2014

OH, Pottery Is Such A Crap-Shoot

I keep saying it.  It is so true. And it has proven ever so true again.

I was so excited to see how this pitcher would come through the processes of completion.  It started out so lovely...then someone pressed an indent into it....so, I punted and covered over the boo-boo...like this...


It looks so lovely in the greenware stage...don't you think?  Everyone ooo-ed and ahhhh-ed over it.

THEN it went through the bisque firing and came out ....
                                       
                                       like......................

                                                       this......



You know...I guess it is a lesson in disappointments.  I am not sure if the handle will make it through the glaze process let alone the firing but I am going to try anyway.  After all...what have I got to lose really, right?

So I took some cobalt carbonate and painted the tracks of the butterfly and I will glaze it Semi-Gloss White...cross my fingers and hope she makes it.  You see, it is HOPE that keeps me in the pottery studio at all.  I love the feeling of possibilities...even if they seem to be such long-shots so often.

Here's to Growing and Glowing!!
Onward and Upward!!
Tari


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read about how you feel about my posts. All I ask is that you please be kind and use clean language. I will do the same :) Thanks.