Tuesday, April 15, 2014

April 2014 Pottery - Mugs, Pitchers, Jars, and Bakers


I am very happy with the pottery that has come out of the last few firings.  I love the agate-ware mugs, and covered jar that was thrown as a closed form.  The pitcher with the porcelain slip decoration is my very favorite treatment for Dark Brown clay.  The bakers are made with Flame-ware clay that my kids bring to me from Seattle.  It's tricky to glaze but I love it.  The Flame-ware mugs turned out to be just right, in my opinion. The ginger jar is the perfect size for loose tea, I think.

I just really love to throw pots.  And I do have some clay bodies that I tend to avoid doing too much with...like porcelain.  I love to put it with Death Valley, or Dark Brown clay either as agate-ware or as the decoration.  Then I like to do a thin coat of Semi-Gloss White and the porcelain pops.  This seems to garner oohs and aaahhhs from all of my students.  Some of them are even trying it.  That makes me smile.

Hope you liked the video!  It is my very first and I am so excited about it!

Onward and Upward!!
Tari

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read about how you feel about my posts. All I ask is that you please be kind and use clean language. I will do the same :) Thanks.