Saturday, May 10, 2014

Friday Was A Very Fun Day

Friday (yesterday) was a very fun day for me.  I started it out at Ben Behunin's Wild Rooster Artworks.
His place is whimsical and fun.  His tiles cover his gateway and the supports of his important structures...and up the stair way to his gallery...and all over the walls of his storage cupboards around his kiln.  And if you watch the video  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GkG_Clzk5I  you will see that it is all through his home as well. (I didn't go into the house).

I have to say that walking into his world was magical.

Of course I bought a couple of his books.  And a few things for my lovely daughters and daughters in law...for Mother's day.  And I got to visit with him for just a little bit...it was very busy.

Ben is an inspiration.  And he is very friendly.

After Ben's place I went to the studio where I am blessed to teach.  I found that the kiln had been opened and I had treasures on the shelf waiting for me.  One of those treasures went to a former student who is moving away to Tennessee...I will miss her...

She graciously gave me permission to post her photo.  She is a real go-getter...and BRILLIANT.  I wish her so much success.  She has the sweetest husband.  They are the epitome of balance.

I am anxious to get all of my pottery polished and photographed so I can post ... maybe another video...it is really piling up on me.  Making time is a challenge...but one that I am up to.

I have a couple of projects that involve my pottery and glass.  I hope they turn out because I really want to show them off when they do.

After seeing Ben's studio and work yesterday I have had a few ideas solidify in my mind.  I hope they work out too...growth and experimenting is a good thing, right.

I have a wonderful student in my Friday evening class who is a wood worker and he rises to every challenge.  He presented me with some molds that he made in his shop a few weeks ago.  I have been waiting for him to come back to class so we could make some things on them.  Next week we go for it.

I made a couple of teapots out of the flameware clay...I am kind of excited.  I hope the lids fit properly after the final fire.  And I hope that I can get those lids off once the handles are installed.  I am feeling a little giddy and excited about them.  If I really can boil water in them I will be so very happy.

Time to run...
Onward and Upward!!
Tari

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read about how you feel about my posts. All I ask is that you please be kind and use clean language. I will do the same :) Thanks.