Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Papillion Pots Pics

I do have about 3 photos to share today.  One is the bowl that I gave my little 8 year old niece on Saturday.  She had a special day and I couldn't be there.  I wanted her to know that I was thinking about her and that I love her...so...

I gave her this one.

I didn't get to see if she likes it or not.  I can only hope.  She is the cutest thing.  And she just got a baby sister.  She is sure growing up.  She is really starting to look like her beautiful mother, too.


Another photo of one of the little bakers that I make.  We had chicken pot pie for my daughter's birthday dinner.  I think they turned out looking as good as they were delicious.  We have fun making them and the bakers are a hit too.



I think I have mentioned that I collect teapots.  I started taking lessons in pottery because I wanted to try my hand at making some.  Well, the first two I made left a lot to be desired, in fact, one isn't even usable at all because the holes glazed closed.  (Please tell me that I am not the only one this has happened to...I even blew the glaze out!)  So, I am trying again.  This time I threw 2 bowls and rolled 2 slabs and I have scored and slipped them together,  I trimmed the bottoms of the bowls, which are the tops of the teapots, and cut a hole in the bottom/top and made them ready for their lids.  I put...lugs? ...to attach handles to.  And I added spouts like the ones you find on whistling teakettles...without the whistle part.

I should mention that the clay is flame ware and I am hoping these hold up on the stove top.  I am waiting with baited breath to see how it all turns out.  I will surely post the results...good or bad.


I am anxiously awaiting the latest glaze firing at the studio where I work and teach.  I have mugs and pieces for other projects that I am itching to finish.

I will keep you posted!!

Onward and Upward!!
Tari

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read about how you feel about my posts. All I ask is that you please be kind and use clean language. I will do the same :) Thanks.